This feature allows you to add a temporary alert message that will be prominently displayed on every page of your site in the event of an emergency or if you have other important information that you would like to broadcast to visitors of your site.
To enable an alert message:
- From the main menu click 'Alert Messages'.
- If an alert message is currently enabled, you will see a copy of the current message that is being displayed on the site.
- If the Alert message is not currently enabled, you will see a button labeled 'Edit Alert & Enable Alert Message'.
- Set the status of the Alert Message:
- 'Not enabled' will effectively remove the message from your site and is used to 'turn off' the alert.
- 'Generic Message - Green' is for non emergency, or all-clear messages. These messages will display on your site with a green background.
- 'Alert Message - Red' is for use in emergency situations. These messages will display on your site with a red background.
- Give your message a title.
- Enter the body of your alert message in the message field. At the bottom of this page you will find several generic messages that you can copy and paste into the field and modify to to fit your situation.
- As described above, you can disable your message manually by selecting the alert status 'Not enabled'. Setting the the 'Completion Date' field allows you you set a date and time when the alert message will automatically be set to 'Not enabled' and remove the message from your site.
- Once you have set all the options as required, click 'Save'. Depending on which status you chose, your message will now display or be removed from your site.